Dr. Piper Klemm is the owner and publisher of The Plaid Horse. Her mission is to educate young equestrians in every facet of our industry and to empower young women in particular to find their voices and stories—and to share them.
She has spent her entire career focusing on education through various channels, including The Plaidcast, North America’s most listened-to horse show podcast; as a professor at St. Lawrence University; co-authoring the Show Strides book series; and by providing educational articles, grants, and experiential learning opportunities for riders of all ages and levels. She earned her Ph.D. in Chemistry at the University of California, Berkeley.
Piper's 2021 Presentations
- "Before You Breed: Calculating Costs of Your Next Foal"
- Description: Breaking down all the costs of what it takes to breed your next foal.
Buying Your Horse:
- "Moneyball: Making the Most of Buying and Selling Horses - Part One"
- Description: Weighing the pros and cons of buying your horse from dealers on different continents, from private sellers, small barns, and more.
- "Moneyball: Making the Most of Buying and Selling Horses - Part Two"
- Description: Discussing the potential for when selling your horse will make the most money.